Thursday, April 23, 2020

Welcome to My Blog

Hello, and welcome to Nuke the Site from Orbit.


I'm a veteran gamer of all flavors. From board games to role playing games and just about all types of gaming between. I hope to share some experiences from my gaming activities and my thoughts and opinions on games systems, game design, and game mastering.

But first a little about my interests and gaming background. In 1977 I went to a movie theater with my dad and saw a movie called STAR WARS. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this film changed my life in a very big way. Star Wars triggered my imagination in a way that no book or movie had ever done before. It got me into fantasy and science fiction all on its own. From the moment the lumbering Star Destroyer came onto the screen chasing a doomed Rebel star ship over a desert world with two suns I was enthralled. My father showed us how to create "X-Wing" fighters out of cardboard boxes and Lincoln Log flight sticks. We re-fought the Battle of Yavin in our home's basement for hours on end.

My family moved from Utah to California in 1978. In 1981, I was introduced to a boxed gaming set called "Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set" by a cousin who was into fantasy fiction. Shortly thereafter I was given an Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook for my eleventh birthday so that I could join a gaming group made up of local Boy Scouts. All of that started me out on the path of being "a Gamer." From the moment my naive first AD&D character died picking the lock on a stupid treasure chest to today, I have been involved in a multitude of gaming activities.

It would take me a long time to run through all of the gaming systems and groups I've been a part of. It would also be pretty boring to recap every system I've played or ran or read through. Instead, I hope to share little tidbits of that experience over the course of any posts I create in the future. I've made a boatload of friends over the course of my gaming hobbies, which now stretches to nearly forty unbelievably fast years. I am truly grateful for the camaraderie that I have shared over games of all sorts. Grateful for friendships that have spanned decades. And so very grateful to have an outlet for my insanely overactive imagination, for without these games (computer, tabletop, online, etc) my head would surely explode from the pressures within.

I look forward to sharing my gaming experiences and thoughts with anyone who cares to read about them.


Best Regards and Good Gaming!




1 comment:

  1. I AM LUCAS NASHVILLE, I AM PROUD TO TESTIFY ABOUT JOINING THE NEW WORLD ORDER. I JUST RECENTLY JOINED THE ORGANIZATION FROM SEYCHELLES AND I LIVE IN THE BAHAMAS NOW.
    PLEASE BEWARE!!! OF SO MANY FAKE POSTS ON HOW TO JOIN
    ILLUMINATI, I WAS SCAMMED SEVERAL TIMES TRYING TO JOIN THE ORGANIZATION.
    THE FAKE PEOPLE PROMISED ME MONEY, A CAR, AND A HOUSE BUT IT WAS ALL LIES.
    I LOST OVER €3500 UNTIL I FOUND A GENUINE WAY TO JOIN EASILY WITH THE HELP OF THE CITIZEN RECRUIT DEPARTMENT 666.
    AFTER JOINING THE NEW WORLD ORDER, I RECEIVED MY FIRST MONEY REWARD WHICH AMOUNTED TO €100,000
    AFTER GOING THROUGH THE ILLUMINATI LOYALTY PROOF TEST WHICH I CAN EASILY SAY WAS SIMPLE AND WELL DONE.
    PLEASE BEWARE OF SO MANY FAKE POSTS ONLINE.
    Contact the genuine citizen outreach Department by email
    citizenrecruitdepartment666@gmail.com
    WhatsApp or send a text to the recruiting Department here:
    +1 (647) 800-8405

    ReplyDelete